That is the question!
Our little sweetie loves to eat and she would eat all day if I let her.
But she also loves to spit up and, well, she does spit up all day even though I ask her not to. Mr. Binky has become a part of our little family. One lady exclaimed, "Oh I never wanted my babies to be binky babies!" How do I feel about Mr. Binky?
Our little sweetie loves to eat and she would eat all day if I let her.
But she also loves to spit up and, well, she does spit up all day even though I ask her not to. Mr. Binky has become a part of our little family. One lady exclaimed, "Oh I never wanted my babies to be binky babies!" How do I feel about Mr. Binky?
Cons:
-I don't like that it covers up her cutie face
-When it falls out, she can't stick it back in herself yet
-Braces?
-Her jaw must get tired of chewing and chewing and chewing!
-Just one more thing to tote around
-The books basically say don't do it
-I felt guilty the first few days we gave it to her
Pros:
-She can pretend to eat all day without the extra spit up
-Someday it will be easier to take away than a thumb would be
-Instant satisfaction
-We can take it every where we go
-She loves it and I love to make her happy
-It helps Daddy help her fall asleep when Mommy isn't around
-I think she's cute with or without
-I don't like that it covers up her cutie face
-When it falls out, she can't stick it back in herself yet
-Braces?
-Her jaw must get tired of chewing and chewing and chewing!
-Just one more thing to tote around
-The books basically say don't do it
-I felt guilty the first few days we gave it to her
Pros:
-She can pretend to eat all day without the extra spit up
-Someday it will be easier to take away than a thumb would be
-Instant satisfaction
-We can take it every where we go
-She loves it and I love to make her happy
-It helps Daddy help her fall asleep when Mommy isn't around
-I think she's cute with or without
What do you think? Is your baby a binky baby?
19 comments:
I say "Binky! If she wants it and it helps calm her and saves your sanity as well as other bits.
Now before people throw things at me...
I've had two binky babes who were addicted to the thing and when it came time to give it up they did so in the course of one week with only a few tears shed.
The "Binky Fairy" came to Maren and left surprises for binkies left on the window ledge. In the case of Tyler, he went cold turkey and gathered up all binkies in a baggie and marched them to Target and picked out a toy and paid for that toy with his bag of very loved used binkies.
I WISH I could get Audrey to take a binkie but she adores her right thumb... ask me if i'm worried about trying to take THAT away when the time comes... ugh.
I say "Binkie"! :)
Binkie all the way, baby. I even tried to force it on two of my three who didn't like it - didn't take. The only one who liked it took it until about 10 months old and then spit it out and wouldn't take it again after that.
I've never seen a kindergartener with a binkie. She'll eventually give it up. Buy yourself some sanity and give her the bink.
If Maya want a binkie, let her have one. I struggled with the binkie issue also. But you know what? It makes life a little easier. Both of my kids gave up the binkie when they were ready. #1 at 9 months (when she started teething) and #2 at 4 months (waaaaay too soon!). Don't feel guilty, your making her happy.
Binky! I had one binky baby, and wished and tried to get the boys to take it, with no luck. Don't guilt yourself to death, do what is right for YOUR child!
Binky all the way, baby!
Binky all the way! It worked so well with Alec. Around 12 months we started only using it for sleeping time. Then around 2 years they just disappeared. Few tears were shed, and now all is well. Lyssa is attached to her Left thumb, which is conventient, but will be VERY difficult to take away someday....
I agree. Carter and Dallin both use the binky. I am a live in the moment kind of mom. If anything (well almost :) makes them happy, I say do it. Plus, it is so nice to have your hubby help and if the binky helps.....GREAT!!!!
Oh this is Kari-Lynn, not Jon :)
go binkey. it will be easier for her to calm herself when she is older with out the binkey than it is right now. taking a binkey away later will be hard but she will calm herself now as new babies they dont know how. i see it that way. potty training will happen in two months then a month after the binkey is gone!!!! :) were on a roll.
go binkey. it will be easier for her to calm herself when she is older with out the binkey than it is right now. taking a binkey away later will be hard but she will calm herself now as new babies they dont know how. i see it that way. potty training will happen in two months then a month after the binkey is gone!!!! :) were on a roll.
BINKY! Dal still uses one, but only for sleeping. We'll make sure it's gone by two, and all will be well. It's totally worth helping maintain a mommy's sanity!
do the binky, Noah would never take a binky and oh how I wish he would have. Maya is still young but it will be a life saver when she gets older. I remember thinking all the time I just wish Noah would take a binky.
that last comment by jake was really from me.
Are you kidding me? Tell me you're not seriously thinking about taking that away from her!
I tried and tried to get Cade to take a binky. I bought every kind at Target. The nurse at the hospital (OK, who was also my sister-in-law) put it in sugar water and it was the only time he really like it.
Go figure.
First of all...I hate that word BINKY. We called it the Paci. Even dumber.
I think if she needs it then give it to her, mostly for soothing or calming her down. If it pops out of her mouth, don't put it back in.
You be the judge. You're the only one that REALLY knows her and what she needs and wants.
Jonas gave his up at three months. He did fine after that.
good luck.
BTW...I called you.
According to the Baby Whisperer (who is the smartest woman on EARTH!) it is good to use the binky until they have control over their hands. I use it now, but as soon as Kylee can suck her thumb I will encourage that so that she can self-sooth without me having to get out of bed to find the dang binky and stick it back in her mouth. My sister is still finding the binky at all hours in the night for her almost 2 year old!
Got binky? I like those little ribbons that clip onto the baby's clothes and attach to the binky so if binky falls, it doesn't fall far from the tree or onto the floor so it easily pops back in.
Well, here is my 2 cents!
All three of my kids had binkies, and all three of my kids will be having braces, however, I don't feel that it is because of the binkies, I think it is becuase of genetics. I think that if you are smart about it, it is a good thing. The thing that bothers me the absolute most about parents and binkies is when the parents stick the binky in the babies mouth 24/7. "oh, look, she is smiling, let's put the binky in her mouth". WHAT!!! I am constantly pulling babies binkies out of their mouths. I like them as a soother and a calmer down thing instead of an all the time appliance :)
She is darling
Darci
Binky by all means! Both boys used them for the length of time that worked for them. 3 months for the insatiable Ian who tried to eat non-stop when he was born (wait, he still eats constantly). My doctor begged me to get a binky. Nathan used his for about 7 months and then we took it away from him--I think he cried for 15 minutes and that was the end of it. You'll know when it's time for Maya to give it up.
I thought it helped reduce SIDS? Did the "experts" change their mind on that again?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinons on Binky's we LOVE ours, but thats because Leland, was an early teether, mom couldn't nurse (not enough milk) and as long as you ween them, off around 2 ish their teeth should be fine. Leland is a bit big, and so people usually place him about 6 months older than he is, when I was at Kohls with him the other day he was suckin a binky because other wise he would be suckin on the cart bar. A lady said... "Oh I am going to take that binky from him right now" reached for the binky and I actually grabbed her hand and said "it will be a cold day in hell before you take something from my child." she was a little shocked but I was more shocked who the heck thinks its their right to take a binky from a baby! This is the thing I couldn't nurse and I got all those horrible stares when I gave him formula, so for me I am I always what feels right to the mom. I say Bink, but wether or not you choose to bink should be a you decision:D Ok I know this is an old post but I had to leave a comment anyways cause it made me so mad
Post a Comment