10.02.2009

it's slipping away

Our little girl is 9 months old today...
It's slipping away, my time with this little baby...
Oh how we wish we could make it stop!
And so in those moments late at night, when I sneak into her room, and lift her tiny sleeping body from her cozy crib, and we snuggle until my eyes are heavy... that's how I stop time in my own way... memorizing each and every sweetness about her... and I tell myself that I'll never ever forget these times together... I'll love her this much forever.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

It's gross how fast times goes. I feel your same feelings.

She's SO cute Melissa.

Chrissy Jo said...

You are taking beautiful pictures with her, Melissa. I love it!

Confession: I sat and watched videos of Alec and Lyssa from a year ago for over an hour the other night. I even cried...

Heather said...

I think all mommies know exactly what you mean...
I go into Dallin's room at night and sit in the rocker to watch him sleep. (I'd rather cuddle him, but he's too big and my belly is too big for me to lift dead weight out of the crib!)
She is just beautiful, Melis.

Christie said...

Your little pumpkin is growing up FAST! She sure is adorable. Keep treasuring those late nights. You'll blink and she'll be a big, jointy seven-year-old girl and you'll wonder what happened to your baby.

Amber Joy said...

Maya has the best mommy, ever. And she is such a beautiful girl! I love all the pictures you take of her.

At least you are savoring the moments now and not wishing you had, later. I need to be better at this, and I guess I should work on that now before I have little ones.

Shelly & Brandon said...

such cute picts I LOVE them

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

it is amazing to me to see how as she gets older she looks more and more like courtney. they could be twins.

Jen said...

So, so cute! Can't wait to see that little pumpkin in a couple weeks! :)